about 2 months ago
My Amsterdam based client is breaking a growing trend and still hiring for multiple people.
They currently have a requirement for a Freelance Security Engineer Consultant on a 3-6 month contract.
They are looking for someone to do a minimum of a 24 – 40 hour working week.
The technologies they work with the most with are: AWS, Terraform, Sysdig Secure, Qualys, Azure AD, Docker and Office 365. On top of that, they constantly evaluate new technologies to find improvements over our existing landscape.
You will work closely together with your fellow security colleagues and using your expertise to:
• Embed the Security Mindset into my client;
• Improve the existing Security posture;
• Help achieve an ISO 27001 certification;
• Constantly look out for new improvements;
• Provide training to other Security engineers and Developers.
• “Hands-on knowledge and experience in security in AWS and Azure” Specifically what do they need to have done in this area: Devops/Development etc
Who you are
You are an experienced Engineer with a security mindset and strong understanding of the core IT Security principles and best practices. You can evaluate the current posture and come up with improvements. Moreover, you are an open-minded person, who doesn’t hesitate when you feel the need to ask a question. A team-player with strong communication skills and the drive to experiment and share learnings. Finally, you take end to end ownership of the tasks you are working on.
• Hands-on knowledge and experience in security in AWS and Azure
• Knowledgeable about Vulnerability Management for Cloud assets, including Containers (Docker);
• Knowledgeable about Secure Software Development Lifecycle – how to build one and how to apply it in practice;
• Can explain how a specific vulnerability works and why it can be exploited in a specific scenario/context;
• Can provide specific remediation actions, tailored to solve a specific issue. This also involves having the appropriate communication skills to differentiate between a technical personal and a non-technical one;
• Good knowledge of most common tools/products;
• Can script for various purposes (Python);
• Can work independently as well as a good team player;
• Can respond and remediate to reported security incidents.
Even better if you have
• Ability to review code we develop, to spot Security Vulnerabilities;
• Experience in ISO27001 certification and internal auditing.
• Penetration Testing experience – ability to evaluate complex systems from an attacker perspective;
• Bachelor’s plus degree or competence level;
• Fluent in English, Dutch is a big plus.
If you’re interested in this vacancy then please email me your updated CV, minimum required rate and your availability to interview/start.
I look forward to hearing from you.